Excelling Care Coordination
CHS provides a comprehensive, holistic approach to care coordination and employs a multidisciplinary team in the provision of care.
CHS offers clients custom-tailored programs under the CHS umbrella of care for the Patient Centered Care Management (PCCM) model, with which CHS has over a decade of experience.
Our care coordinators are integral to supporting and driving the improved health outcomes of CHS’ programs. To ensure that members are supported throughout the continuum of care, CHS finds that a mixture of roles is effective.
Care coordinators may be social workers, registered nurses, or resource navigators. Member engagement unit members may be certified nurse assistants or experienced call center staff.
- Care coordinator for children with primary medical diagnosis
- Care plan development
- Facilitates and participates in care team meetings at MH as appropriate
- Home visits as indicated
- Education as indicated
Member Engagement Unit
- Initial introduction from the new health plan to the member
- Educates on general plan information
- Establishes member experiences
- Responds to member questions
- Completes initial health risk screening
- Assigns the member to a care coordinator depending on outcome of initial health risk screening