Data Warehouse Manager/PM
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
The Data Warehouse (DW) Manager provides leadership of all aspects of DW activities including oversight of the design and development of the new Warehouse, management of Current/Future reporting requirements, and oversight of the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes. While supporting the DW Technical Lead in the critical design and development effort of the new warehouse, the Manager is also expected to become the reporting liaison to the varied DW clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes relationships with key DW clients to quickly understand current and future reporting needs.
- Liaises with DW Technical Lead regarding the technical architecture and design for the new Data Warehouse.
- Coordinates all DW team activities between Tech Lead, BA, and ETL team.
- Provides scoping and estimating on Data Warehouse activities, including DW roadmap.
- Participates in Health Insurance Administration System program including cost and timing estimates.
- Works closely with fellow IT staff and project management to document standards and procedures for the definition of reference architectures (architecture roadmap).
- Interacts and works directly with customer team members on projects and support issues.
- Facilitates communication upward and across project teams.
- Ensures quality review of DW deliverables is complete.
- Follows change management and problem management processes.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Facilitates communication upward and across project teams
- Follows change management and problem management processes
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personnel management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion
- Ability to prioritize work with tight schedules and target dates
- 10+ years’ experience in information technology
- 4+ years of experience in managing an Enterprise level Data Warehouse with technical preference in MS SQL Server 2005 or later, SSRS, SSIS
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques used in Data Warehouse design and development
- Solid understanding of SQL and report design
- Strong time management skills, work ethic and customer service orientation
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar Analytical discipline
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
Microsoft SQL Server Certification
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
To apply, please forward resume to email@example.com
Tell a friend